Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Circuit Training

Thanks to those who have visited this blog. It's appreciated.

I thought tonight I would explain circuit training. The basic idea is to do high-intensity resistance aerobic exercises in a circuit without resting in between each exercise. This keeps your heart-rate up and targets fat loss and building muscle. I did the first two circuits again today of the Jillian Michaels circuit training and the muscles still screamed but not as loudly. Each circuit consisted of four moves: squat w/dumbbell swing, pushups, plank, wide-arm row with weights. Three sets, 10-15 reps each. Second circuit: alternating lunges w/shoulder press,w/wts, tricept dip, plank row w/wts and bicycle crunch, three sets, 20 reps each. It's killer! I hope to move onto circuit three next week.

Many women love magazines such as Vogue and Glamour, but every month I actually get excited when my new issue of Oxygen Magazine shows up in the mail. I also enjoy Fitness RX for Women. They have great exercise ideas and recipes.

Try the circuits, even just one and let me know how it goes.

Tomorrow night is bellydance at Sahara Dance. This semester it's all about shamadan, zills and cane. Props galore!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...