Friday, February 19, 2010

Chicken carbs and sleep

Chicken, carbs and sleep? What on earth do they have to do with one another? More than you think, actually. In the new issue of Oxygen Magazine there is an article about melting fat and your workouts. Turns out you won't build muscle on salad alone, you need carbs, fiber and protein. It's all about maintaining blood glucose levels. Carbs will help keep you going, combat fatigue and recover from hard exercise. Of course everything in moderation. There are three recipes in this issue: Protein packed chicken and brown rice wraps, microwave risotto and carb-friendly fettuccini with fibrous veggies.(Sorry, you need to get the hard copy for these) Tonight I took a combo of the different recipes to make my meal. Garlic, onion,chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, rice and a little cheddar. It was good and I'm convinced it helps with fatigue as I was tired all day before having dinner and now I'm more awake. Actually, I don't know, but it sounds good. Now speaking of sleep, this week there was a recent article from The Huffington Post:
These sound a little interesting. Check it out.
This weekend it will be time to try Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred video will post on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...