Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Fitness, Food and Fun. I never thought I would want to blog. I watched Julie and Julia and thought, huh, I should start a blog. Wasn't sure what I would write about, but sounded like fun, I have things to share. What will you find here? Fitness ideas and progress, healthy recipes and lots of fun stuff.
I've always been into fitness, but as one gets older (near forty, EEK) one wants to stave off aging. I've done a pretty good job but I also love food and that is a bit of an issue, not a problem, an issue. 2004 was my best year ever, but "training" for climbing Kilimanjaro was the main reason for that. Since then I've continued with hiking, cycling, kayaking and going to the gym, but am not where I want to be. In 2009 after being laid off from work due to the economy, I had a lot of time to workout, so I did. Now I've decided to take it one step further and train a little harder and eat-clean, somewhat. :-) I mean let's be realistic. I want to share what I do and if it works and hopefully inspire.
Yesterday afternoon I did the first two circuits of Jillian Michael's Beach Ready Boot Camp circuit training podcast (Found on iTunes) and my muscles went into shock. I had changed my usual routine and that woke them up. Everything hurt. Of course my dance class at Sahara Dance the night before might have been a factor. Both kicked butt and was just what I needed.
Rested tonight, but will be back at it tomorrow in some form.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...