Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shamadan


First for anyone who tried to leave a comment, I think I figured out the settings so anyone can comment without signing in. Please let me know if you still have trouble.

Tonight I had bellydance classes. I thought I'd be really sore after the gym yesterday and walking what I think is close to 2 miles each day for work. Thankfully all was feeling well. You might be wondering about the title to tonight's posting; shamadan. What is it and what do you do with it? Well, it's a candleabra for your head. This should give you an idea:
http://www.orientaldancer.net/articles/shemadan.shtml
Looks daunting but I'm always up for a challenge and the one time I've seen it done, it got applause like crazy, why wouldn't it? This falls under the fun portion of this blog. Or at least I think it will be fun. As I've gotten older I've decided not to take life too seriously, just roll with it. It probably also falls under the fitness category as well, just think having to move with something on your head has got to work muscles you never knew you had. My neck and abs should be stronger after this. This is going to be a short post tonight as it's late, I'm tired and have an early start tomorrow. I want you to do one thing for me, try something new, different, silly or fun just to say you have. This is one more way to stay healthy and happy and that is what it is all about!

1 comment:

  1. Let's see if this works and I like to see a photo of you dancing with a candleabra on your head!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...