Thursday, November 16, 2017

Gratitude and your Thanksgiving Workout

Hello fitness friends,
With next week being Thanksgiving, I will not be sending out a blog post, I will be eating. :)
When I think of this holiday, I don't think of turkey or the first feast, I think of gratitude. I think of all that I am grateful for. My family, friends and fitness. That I wake up and am able to go about my day however I chose. That I have a supportive network of people and an abled body that I try hard to take care of. The dinner and football are fun things about Thanksgiving, however don't lose sight of what you are truly grateful for. Take this opportunity to express your gratitude!

After we eat, we workout, okay you can watch football first then workout. The following workout is lower body and core. It will be good to get the lower body moving after all the sitting and eating.

Warmup for 3-5 min
Skier squats 3 sets 12-15 reps
Alternating lunges 3 sets 12-16 reps
Plie' squats and pulses 3 sets 10 reps
Calf raises 3 sets 20 reps
Side lunges 3 sets 12-14 reps
Split squats 3 sets 12-15 reps
Deadlifts 3 sets 12-15 reps
Hip lifts 3 sets 15 reps
Double leg drop 3 sets 12-15 reps
Scissor kicks 3 sets 12 reps
Seated ab twist 3 sets 16 reps
Crunch with weight 3 sets 12-15 reps
Reverse crunch 3 sets 15 reps

I have a video of this workout: https://youtu.be/J46PyoyoEyY

Have a fantastic holiday and I will be posting to this blog in two weeks!

Yours in fitness,
Lori

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving in advance!!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...