Monday, August 22, 2011

Working out when you can't get to the gym.

Today is Motivational Monday. It is also 2 days before the YMCA's annual shutdown. No gym or classes until after Labor day, almost 2 full weeks! I almost panicked, but then realized that during summers past I didn't always go to the gym anyhow, especially if it was a nice day. When I wasn't working, I obviously had more time to do other things, but even when I've worked, I would go for a swim, short bike ride, or a run after work. So although I've gotten used to working out at the gym with classes most recently, while the Y is closed, I will not panic or lose my motivation. I will go for a swim, bike ride, run, use my new resistance bands, or weights at home or in the park. Remember just because you can't get to a facility doesn't mean you can't exercise. Sometimes changing up your routine is a really good idea. It keeps your muscles and mind fresh. Keeps you from getting bored or too used to the same thing from week to week. So even if your gym isn't closing, take time now at the end of the summer to find something new to do and if it helps to workout with others then find a friend and get moving together.
Tonight I will be found in the pool getting my swimming on.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...