Thursday, May 5, 2011

Frustrations: How do you Handle them?

We all become frustrated by things in life, some small, others monstrous. Currently unemployment is a huge frustration for me. That is something a large number of people are dealing with and it's not easy by any means. It is a situation that obviously effects me, but also other people around me. When you are faced with tough times, how do you handle them? I try and stay positive, and active. Networking, interacting with people and doing things that keep you happy are constructive ways to channel the pent up anxiety. Exercise is the key for me and I realize when I'm not getting as much of that as I should it makes me edgy. I was back in weight lifting class for the first time in weeks last night, because of an injury, and found that I felt so much better after. There are those that retreat and lash out when faced with difficult situations and that is so unhelpful. It makes the person mean, hurtful, and most unpleasant to be around. Resentment is not going to help the situation. Supporting and comforting one another is how to handle frustrations and tough times. So remember as difficult as life can be, things will get better and you will work through hard situations. Stay positive, do things that keep you active and happy and be nice to one another.

1 comment:

  1. Good attitude! It is helpful to get enough rest and exercise. I also like to clean something, anything, and call my kids or my sisters. Nothing like a good chat over a cup of tea, even if the tea drinkers are miles apart. Family and friends have always seen me through. Keep up all the positive things you are doing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...