Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Changing Your Fitness Routine

Hit the exercise plateau? Not feeling the same soreness and burn? I know the feeling. For several weeks I have kept the same workout routine, for the most part. Same classes, same times. Decided this week that it was time to change things up so I have taken different classes at different times. My muscles are a little unhappy, (sore calves to be precise) but it will be good for them. It's like saying wake up! Muscles will get used to doing the same movements with the same weight over and over so they actually need to be shocked. On average muscles adapt to routines within six to eight weeks. Besides avoiding hitting a plateau, changing your exercise routine will also help keep you from getting bored or making working out feel like a chore. With the warmer weather on its way I'll be taking more of my workouts outside with running and cycling and with summer even swimming. Spice it up once in a while. You should feel like you've worked hard, without pain that is. Exercise should be fun and rewarding. You may be sore for a couple of days after a change, but know that you'll be challenged and your muscles will soon adapt.

Happy Exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...