Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy New Year!

This is it. This is going to be the year you make those resolutions and stick to them. Not like last year or the year before that. How many of you say that every January 1st? We all do even if we don't say out loud or write it down. Sometimes we have a few things we want to commit to sometimes just one thing. Mine is usually about that trip or trips I want to make over the course of the year. This will be the year I go...
Sometimes I get to that place and sometimes I end up somewhere else entirely, but still enjoy the journey.

I really try not to make resolutions because I feel that I'll disappoint myself if I don't stick to them. So instead I look at the new year the same as the previous year, it's a continual adventure and just because something doesn't happen in a 365 day calendar year, doesn't mean it will never happen. It will happen when the timing is right and you make it happen. I see this a lot with people on a weight loss/fitness journey and they are all ready at the start of the year, they get into it then it starts to fade away and they give up. It takes a while to make any change a long-term habit, and it also takes continual commitment and motivation. You need to be ready and in it to keep going. You need to want it, and I mean really want it to make it happen.

So let's embrace the new year, not make resolutions and just enjoy the adventure, wherever it leads you. And when you are ready, things will happen.

Happy New Year! 
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...