Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wow, How Did That Happen?

I decided this morning that I wanted to share a couple of my workouts (WOD) because I'm often asked, "what do you do when you are in the gym?" I was trying to think of the easiest way to write up and share these and thought, I'll post on my blog. I logged in and couldn't believe my eyes when I looked to see that my last blog post was over a year and a half ago! Where has all that time gone? It's been a busy year and a half with classes and training sessions, fitness conferences and certifications, countless workouts, races and outdoor activities. Whew!

So now to the task at hand. I'm going to post a complete upper body workout and then a lower body one. These are what I completed this week. Keep in mind I don't always do the same thing every week and actually one should change things up occasionally to keep the body guessing to not hit a plateau.  Every week I make sure I get in at least 2 days of strength training and 2 days of cardiovascular training. The other 3 days are made up of rest days and fun workout days (bike rides, hiking etc.)

Upper Body:
2-3 sets, 10-15 reps of each
Single arm row: 30lb
Dumbbell pullover: 30lb
Shoulder press: 20lbs
Reverse flye: 15lbs
Front raise (one weight, both hands) 20lb
Unilateral side raise: 12.5 lb
Lying flye: 15lbs
Chest press: 15lbs
Pushups
Triceps extension: 25lb
Headbangers: 15lbs
Triceps dips
Biceps curls: Full range, bottom half & top half: 10lbs (it's a lot of reps, keep in mind when choosing your weight)

Lower Body:
3 sets,10-15 reps of each

Rock star jumps
Barbell squat: 40lbs
Walking lunges holding dumbbell overhead: 25lb
Barbell deadlift: 40lb
Split squat: 20lbs
Squat up to relevé: 20lbs
Weighted glute bridge: 25lb
Sumo squat: 35lb
Plyo lunges: 10lbs
Plyo side lunge on step

I also add abdominal exercises to EVERY workout 3-4 exercises, 3 sets, 15-20 reps
Give these a try and let me know what you think.

Now that I've posted on my blog again I'm going to try and update on a more regular basis (not every year and a half :0) especially when I have new, fun or exciting information to share.
Have an awesome day and upcoming Halloween weekend!
Remember to eat candy responsibly!

-Lori

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. How many times a week do you do each?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weight train twice a week, although ideally I'd add another day. I also complete a cardiovascular workout two-threes times a week.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...