Monday, November 28, 2011

What a scale won't tell you.

Do you obsessively step on a scale every time you are at the gym? Do you see the number and get discouraged even though you know you have been eating well and keeping to a regular exercise routine? I know the feeling, it's rough. If you didn't have a scale how would you judge how you are doing? Do you have more endurance? Do your clothes feel looser or fit better? Do you feel better in general, happier? These are the things your scale can not tell you about your fitness, it can only weigh you and give you a number. You may have hit a plateau and those last 10-15 pounds you may want to lose really are the hardest.

Rather than getting frustrated, celebrate the work you have done thus far and know that you may need to adjust the workout to move over the plateau. Also remember that there are many reasons why weight fluctuates and maybe only weigh in once every couple of weeks. The number on the scale is just that and doesn't define how well you are doing. Keep up the good work and you'll reach your goals!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I totally agree. Muscle weighs more than fat and water/time of day can interfere as well! Keeping a journal of my workouts and accomplishments is way more satisfying for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I agree. I keep track of my workouts and over time can see my progress. It's great to see how far you can go in a short period of time. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...