Thursday, September 6, 2012

Inspiration

What or who inspires you?
We all have those that push us to work harder, that motivate us to keep trying, and encourage us to be or do the best we can. I find inspiration everywhere, at work, home, the gym, dance class, even politics.  I mean it's election time and who can't be inspired by people like Michele Obama or Bill Clinton, even if you don't agree with everything they say, they are very strong, influential people dedicated to their causes.

Inspiration comes in many forms. My students and clients motivate me, by reaching their goals, to create new and energizing workouts. My friends and family encourage me to continue following my dreams, even when they seem out of reach and workout buddies push me hard in the gym, sometimes they don't even know that they inspire. Which leads me to why I wanted to write this blog post in the first place.

When I first met Jess Mazalusky, I walked into her spin class with a friend who had encouraged me to try spin, as I'm an avid cyclist already. This was my first spin class EVER! I know, many of you who take her class have already told me I must have been nuts! Can I just say that I thought that was one of the hardest classes I've ever taken, not the hardest, but certainly one of the hardest and I consider myself pretty fit. I was exhausted!

I attend classes when it fits my schedule and I like the instructor. I wasn't sure if I liked her style or not as she pushes and yells at you things like "Don't bounce in my seat", and "Keep your shoulders down, don't look like a turtle"! I've been attending her class ever since! Jess has recently taken on a personal goal that is truly inspiring. She has been training for a fitness competition that is coming up in another month or so and it has been very grueling for her. I've been reading her blog The Gym is That Way that details some of what her life has been like since she started this journey. Her meals and workouts are very restricted and her emotions have been like a roller coaster, but the results are AMAZING!

Now she'll be the first to tell you she wouldn't recommend to everyone, or maybe anyone, I know this because I heard her say it last night, but why I find her inspiring is not primarily the end result, although I am pretty envious of that, it's her DEDICATION. She set a goal, she has done everything she was told in order to reach that goal, not letting obstacles like dinner parties, and being tired get in her way, and she's achieving her goal. That is inspiring!  I felt the need today after taking her spin class last night to tell her and you that in this post. You are doing a great job, Jess, you should be very proud of yourself. I am.

So who or what inspires you?

Here is a pic that I just saw in a FB post that I think fits with today's post.


Stay inspired, keep moving forward!

Lori




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  What a year 2020 was! So much so I let this blog slip through the cracks!  Well it’s a new year and I have just posted a new workout video...